Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Music Critique, "Sleigh Bells" or Something Else?

 
I think they spelled sleigh wrong. Sleigh is usually associated with Santa Claus and gifts, not only was it lip synced, it was lip synced badly.  I think Slay would be the proper spelling. What a train wreck. Maybe if I'm a girl with 35 tatoos, I'll buy the sneakers, a Cleopatra wig, sure, what the heck, this CD. really??  I  want to cut these kids a break, they are looking for the big time. Guess what, finally artists like Adele and newer talent like Karmin are showing up and techno pop and all the added "wawawa" junk is going by the wayside.Thank you! Who are the folks that pick who  goes on these shows? ( I watched it again, it's worse than I thought!} It sounds like another suicide song to me. I love songs like, "People get ready for a Trains a comin" Guess what? Lorne Michael produced both of these shows! Watch the credits.
Take a look! The late  Motown great, Curtis Mayfield and the very talented Taylor Dane. Someplace in England or politically correct U.K. If you look real close in the background, after the sax player does his solo, he airplays it like a guitar. Cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment