Thursday, September 6, 2012

Now, Let's Bake this Thing! Kabish?


Right amount of dough
for a 9x12
Pizza
Perfect
ready to top
Pre Heat oven to 400 Degrees. As you can see by the image on the left, I plopped part of the dough ball on my favorite pizza pan. Make sure you coat the pan with Canola oil or Wesson oil. Don't be stingy with the oil. You can drain the excess by tilting the pan. This is the right amount of dough for a 9x12 square pizza. I put the other dough ball in a freezer bag, dated it and put it in the freezer. Do not use Olive oil, it doesn't heat fast enough, and after all this work  you want the best finished product you can get. Now let's spread the dough! Oil your hands, and spread from the center out until you get the dough  end to end and side to side. It takes a little doing, but you'll get it, If you tear some holes in the dough, don't worry, just pinch them closed. Then pinch along the edges to form you edge crust. My wife loves the corner pieces.
Ready to take the heat.

Now Your ready to top it off. If you have a sauce in mind, go for it. The sauce and topping I use are Contadina pizza sauce, down here in NC I can only find it at Kroger. Sorrento "Whole Milk" mozzarella and then you can use your imagination. Peppers, pepperoni, onions, sausage, etc. Make sure the mozzarella you use is whole milk, that's what the good pizza shops use, it has a beautiful melt,  taste and color. 

"Squizito"
The Star of
the show!
Cooking time varies, gas stove, electric stove. I use an electric stove. Make sure you place the pizza on the middle shelf of the oven. A rule of thumb is to do a visible check after 15 minutes of baking. Then it's up to you, how dark do you want it. All I'm showing is the way my family likes it. You know you've got a great pizza when you can lift the whole pizza with a spatula. If my Mother sees this I'm gonna get baked! Not to worry, she thinks the "internet" has something to do with the Boston Celtics.
til next time

I don't throw the dough, these guys do.
"In Crust We Trust".

2 comments:

  1. I made this yesterday, It was delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kewl! (I'm hip now) Make sure you pass it on as a legacy to your future family and Kids, and keep the recipe a secret until you see a real cook in the family, then pass it on.
      Uncle Denna

      Delete