Friday, March 8, 2013

Do You Like Music, How About the Blues.

I did a post not long ago about my favorite baseline favorites. I mentioned B.B. King and Robert Cray in the same sentence, and stated that I thought Robert Cray could possibly be in the same league as B.B. This is an excellent video of four guitar legends. Where is Robert Cray? I guess I must be wrong.
I have always loved the blues, growing up with 11 brothers and sisters could have something to do with it. Anytime you said "can I have" the auto response was "NO". My first musical instrument was of course, the Harmonica, I wrote a song about my sister Mary, but it's still not ready for prime time. I have a "we were so poor"story. One winter we couldn't afford to heat our house, and since my brother Joey was the only one that had a pair of sneakers, my mother would make him run around the block three times. When he got back from his run, he would take his sneakers off and we would all gather around the sneakers, and warm our hands.
Now back to business, I am so pumped to tell you this, I can't wait, this is so huge, I'm so excited, oh,oh the phones ringing and the puppy needs to go out, rug or phone? Rug! If you want to see pictures of our Aussie "Katy" it was on my last post. On April 23rd 2013, at DPAC in Durham NC. at 7pm, one half hour from where I'm typing, only a half hour from Raleigh NC, the Capital city, 20 minutes from Sam's club and Trader Joes, 18 minutes from Petsmart and BJ's Wholesale club, did I mention Bed Bath and Beyond?
B.B. King and Robert Cray are together on the same stage at DPAC (Durham Performing Arts Center)  To see these two together playing at the same venue is incredible to me.
My favorite bass guitarist, Bernard Harris, give a listen.
Til next time~

No comments:

Post a Comment